[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Postby Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey, I'm installing linux mint alongside windows, but I got stuck at this screen:
I can't figure out which side of the slider will be the windows partition and which side mint will be installed on.

Also I feel like this is really clear to everyone, I was wondering what I missed :)
Last edited by Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tombe
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Ambigous partition size divider

Postby Tombe on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Well by trial and error I've determined that the right one is the one that will get linux on it.
Tombe
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [Solved]Ambigous partition size divider

Postby moosey on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am

Although this is problem marked as "Solved" I believe that it is still an open issue. I had exactly the same problem installing Mint 13 Maya. There is no indication as to which side of the slider is which. This is a serious bug that is a real put-off for people who would like to migrate from Windows to Linux. First impressions are really important, and to me I found it a real pain that this was not evident from the screen or in the documentation. This really needs to be addressed.

My thoughts,

Peter
moosey
Level 1
Level 1

Postby chronei on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 am

Bump as I had the same issue. If I was knew to this, I'd quit right off the bat.
chronei
Level 1
Level 1

Postby srs5694 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Posting here about a problem that requires changes in the code most likely won't do anything. I recommend you report it as a bug to the developers:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint
srs5694
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions