Question about Linux Mint 14 and upgrades vs 13 LTS

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Question about Linux Mint 14 and upgrades vs 13 LTS

Postby semc on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Very few announcements were made during the summer but a lot of work was done in preparation for Linux Mint 14. MDM received important bug fixes, compatibility with all GDM themes and support for user lists and user “faces”. Nemo was announced as the new Cinnamon file browser and received a lot of usability improvements. Cinnamon itself is getting ready for a massive 1.6 release and a huge number of new features. MATE continues to impress with an even more polished 1.4 release. All of these technologies are significantly ahead of the versions used by Linux Mint 13 and the gap between now and the end of November, when Linux Mint 14 is out, means they can mature and receive bug fixes to ensure a stable and impressive release.

With this blog entry, I want to know if those of us using LTS 13 will see these improvements any time soon?
semc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Question about Linux Mint 14 and upgrades vs 13 LTS

Postby semc on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 am

well this was a waste of time.
semc
Level 1
Level 1

Postby TsjuunTze on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:34 am

I think that there will also be a LTS on Mint 14. I dont think a newer distro would be outdated before the older one.

I have no official info to suport this, but I dare to say I am 99% sure.

TT
TsjuunTze
Level 1
Level 1

Postby nunol on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 am

TsjuunTze wrote:I think that there will also be a LTS on Mint 14. I dont think a newer distro would be outdated before the older one.

TT

Mint 14 is not LTS.

Mint LTS: 5, 9, 13, 17, ...

Mint 13 already has Cinnamon 1.6 in the romeo testing repo but I don't know the roadmap for Mint 13 Cinnamon or MATE.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Postby TsjuunTze on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 am

nunol wrote:
TsjuunTze wrote:I think that there will also be a LTS on Mint 14. I dont think a newer distro would be outdated before the older one.

TT

Mint 14 is not LTS.

Mint LTS: 5, 9, 13, 17, ...

Mint 13 already has Cinnamon 1.6 in the romeo testing repo but I don't know the roadmap for Mint 13 Cinnamon or MATE.

Thank you for the info!

I think I'll stick to Mint 13 for now (next to my Debian distro on my other pc) but for the easy en fast use mint is great! Its THE best distro if it comes to easy use and driver detection. Im use Debian for years now, so I can get around rather well on the terminal... I was suprised how well Mint 13 works... Its like Linux for everyone. Great project! Even my Playstaion 3 Media Server software worked in 3 minutes! It took me 3 hours on Debian :-)

Again thx for the info!

TT
TsjuunTze
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions