speedtouch 330

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

speedtouch 330

Postby adm020 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit crap at all this. With a bit of patience I will be won over from XP

I have a dual boot system with Daryna and XP. I have downloaded the speedtouch drivers but am stuck where to go next. When I try to install it says I need to locate the libc6-dev or libc-devel or similar.

Help please,

Linux wannibe
adm020
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: speedtouch 330

Postby Fornhamfred on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Welcome.

Sorry to sound negative but speedtouch modems with any version of Linux are a pain. My solution to make life easier would be to purchase a modem router. My experience with Safecom routers has been good ( cheap on the net ) or I have just installed a Netgear 834G which works very well.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: speedtouch 330

Postby MagnusB on Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:45 am

Code: Select all
sudo aptitude install libc6-dev

Should do the trick, but if the above poster is correct (I have no experience on this), this could just be the first step...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UKSpeedtouchDSLHowTo
That has helped others with getting this modem to work...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions