Change the icons on leftmost column in Cinnamon menu

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Change the icons on leftmost column in Cinnamon menu

Postby goodwinthomas on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

How do I change what icons/programs appear on the leftmost column in Cinnamon menu? I use Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon.
Attachments
change_what_appears_on_cinnamon_menu.png
change_what_appears_on_cinnamon_menu.png (78.72 KiB) Viewed 529 times
goodwinthomas
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Change the icons on leftmost column in Cinnamon menu

Postby caribriz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Two ways :wink:

The long way:
If you want to say, remove Firefox from the favorites list -
Click Menu > Internet - right-click Firefox Web Browser, click Remove from Favorites
Similarly, to add programs to your favorites list - right-click the program in the menu, click Add to Favorites.

Short way:
Click and drag a program off the Favorites list, and to add a program from the menu, drag it onto Favorites.

caribriz
Desktop: C2D E6400 / Asus P5LD2SE / 2GB ram / Asus GeForce 210 / 320GB (WinXP) & 1TB (Mint - various)
Laptop: Asus A53E-SX1455V - i5 2450M / 4GB ram / Intel HD 3000 / 500GB (Win7/Mint 17 Cinnamon)
caribriz
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Change the icons on leftmost column in Cinnamon menu

Postby goodwinthomas on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

Caribriz,

Thanks for teaching me how to remove a Favorite in 2 ways.

A humble suggestion to Cinnamon developers:
I wish Cinnamon developers would also give us a 3rd way (the way I kept trying to do): Right-click on the Favorite in the Favorite list and choose "Remove from Favorites".
This is a way that I think many people would try. It's an intuitive way.
goodwinthomas
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions