Error message in "About Me"

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Error message in "About Me"

Postby steve9199 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Hey gang....another question. Husse helped me get rid of the strange startup menu, which was greatly appreciated. Now I'm trying to put my new Linux Mint through its paces and came across a strange error message. I clicked on "About Me" in the Preferences category of the Daryna menu and got the following error. "There was an error while trying to get the addressbook information. Evolution Data Server cannot handle the protocol." I took a screenshot of the message and attached it to this message.

Hoping someone can help me figure this one out too. I'm really staring to enjoy Mint and am trying to learn as much as I can about it.

Thanks again....Steve
Attachments
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (155.8 KiB) Viewed 202 times
steve9199
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Error message in "About Me"

Postby thyultimate on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:35 am

Hey!! I get the same error....... :shock:
Look into any eyes
you find by you, you can see
clear through to another day......
Grateful Dead
thyultimate
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Error message in "About Me"

Postby atlef on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:36 am

Install the evolution data server and all is well. It does not install evolution, only the data server.

atlef.
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions