Upgrading to 14 Without Fresh Install?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
d10sfan

Upgrading to 14 Without Fresh Install?

Post by d10sfan »

Is there a safe way to upgrade to Linux Mint 14 without the recommended fresh install? My system has a terabyte of programs that I'd rather not have to re-install (everything I have is backed up, its just tedious). I remember with Ubuntu, I was able to upgrade using the package manager. There a way to do that here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Upgrading to 14 Without Fresh Install?

Post by remoulder »

d10sfan wrote:Is there a safe way to upgrade to Linux Mint 14
No, there is no safe-way, see http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
d10sfan

Post by d10sfan »

Is there a way at all, or anything like Ubuntu's upgrade feature?
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Nope, I'm afraid. You have to change the repositories yourself if you want to upgrade Mint.
ekeko

Post by ekeko »

hi,
I have a new laptop with UEFI booting and I dont mind to do fresh install linux mint 14 but this is just not working.

in linux mint 13 this was not a problem.

I am trying now to make an upgrade from linux mint 13...
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

ekeko, is the 64bit iso that you are trying to install? see this >> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 92#p651192
ekeko

Post by ekeko »

zerozero,
thanks for the info, I just read it, but I already did a "package upgrade" from linux mint 13 and it is fine so far.

ekeko

Return to “Beginner Questions”