Unable to mount Floppy Disk popup in Mint14

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marksibly

Unable to mount Floppy Disk popup in Mint14

Post by marksibly »

Hi,

I just installed Mint14 and so far am really liking it!

However, every 5 minutes or so I get this annoying dialog that says: "Unable to mount Floppy Disk"...Command 'mount /media/floppy0' failed...

How can I get rid of this?

I'm currently using Mint14 in VMPlayer. My machine doesn't have a floppy drive and I removed the virtual one from vmplayer too 'just in case' but it still happens.

Bye,
Mark
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gord

Re: Unable to mount Floppy Disk popup in Mint14

Post by Gord »

Hi Mark. I had exactly the same problem. I fixed it by restarting the VM, hitting [F2] to get into the virtual machine's BIOS, and disabling the floppy drive in there.

Return to “Beginner Questions”