How to install Clang

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

How to install Clang

Postby Myrrdin on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello - my name is Myrrdin and I have been a Linux user for three weeks!

I would like to install a llvm called clang. I am new to programming in C and I wanted to know if there was a particular directory the llvm should be installed in. I have spent a considerable amount of time at clang.llvm.org and I am unable to get simple easy instructions on how to install the various components.

The little I do know - is that the llvm, clang and a myriad of other tools need to be installed. The installation has to be done in such a way so the compiler knows where the include files are located.

Finally, I know I will have to set an environment path once it is all installed. This I do not know how to do either....

Any assistance you can render would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Myrrdin
Myrrdin
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions