Recent Lag Issues w/ Julia LXDE

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cinomrah

Recent Lag Issues w/ Julia LXDE

Post by cinomrah »

Hello all,

I have been using Mint 10 (Julia) LXDE for about a year now with hardly any bumps in the road. This being my first distro I am so far glad. I switched over due so that my netbook would run faster. A Lenovo S10-3 since you ask. Up until a month ago things were working great, and then, out of the blue, everything is running slow. Videos skip, my window manager takes seconds to load, my cpu fan is constantly on, and given enough time buttons stop showing on the tool bar. I am still very new to linux, and any help would be gladly appreciated.

inxi as follows

CPU[-Single core Intel Atom N455 (-HT-) clocked at 1667.000 Mhz-] Kernel[-2.6.38-020638-generic i686-] Up[-59 min-] Mem[-211.1/991.0MB-] HDD[-252.0GB(61.0% used)-] Procs[-130-] Client[-Shell-] inxi[-1.4.12-]

Thank you in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Recent Lag Issues w/ Julia LXDE

Post by nunol »

Mint 10 LXDE is not supported since April 2012. It's better to move on, Mint 12 LXDE is the latest Mint LXDE release but is also on it last months of support so it's better to try Mint with XFCE. Both Mint XFCE and Mint 13 XFCE are good options and Mint 14 XFCE RC should soon be available. I have a netbook with the Intel N450 and use Mint 13 with Cinnamon, it's not fast but it's OK.

Return to “Beginner Questions”