Firefox wheel scrolling

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
147adelaide

Firefox wheel scrolling

Post by 147adelaide »

In previous versions of Firefox I had just about got the mouse wheel scrolling pages at a sensible pace.

Now I have upgraded to FF 17 and it's all gone to pot.

Previously you went into about:config and altered mousewheel.withnokey.numlines

Now that is obsolete and has been replaced with

mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_x
mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y
mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_z

I have tried altering the numbers up, and down but nothing seems to make a difference.

Can anyone offer any help??

Bob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gord

Re: Firefox wheel scrolling

Post by Gord »

I dunno, I just tried changing...

mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y

...from its default value of 100 to a new value of 200 and now each vertical wheel-scroll in Firefox moves twice as far as it did before. (Mint 13 Xfce, in case that makes any difference....)
147adelaide

Post by 147adelaide »

Here that is making no difference :( (Mint 13 Maya)
147adelaide

Post by 147adelaide »

Just noticed something else odd.

The config contains altternate settings for scroll speed with differing buttons pressed.

eg. mousewheel.with_alt.delta_multiplier_x

The default values are all the same, but with alt pressed, the mouse wheel scrolls 'normally'.

Return to “Beginner Questions”