Troubles during my first login

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Troubles during my first login

Postby Aurelio_Araujo on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, there!

I've just installed my Daryna Gnome Light and now I've got the following problem while logging into the system:
It requires a login and password.
I type my username and my password, and even doing so, the system accuses an error with my login and password.

So, I wonder if anyone could tell me what to do so as to start using my Linux Mint.

Cheers,
Aurélio.
Last edited by Aurelio_Araujo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelio_Araujo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Troubles during my first loging

Postby Lantesh on Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Whatever you typed in as the password when you installed, is not what you are typing in now. Remember that it is case sensitive.
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Postby BAD on Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:10 pm

The log in ID is case sensitive if you typed in uppercase for the name the log in ID will goto lowercase:
Aurelio would be aurelio.
We are the LinuxMint. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
BAD
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Fred on Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Aurélio.,

I see you did post to the forum. :-)

As I said in the PM, user names and passwords are case sensitive. Make sure they are entered as you set them up.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Aurelio_Araujo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm reinstalling the system onto my PC, but I'd like to remark that this problem always happen to me, whenever I try to install and use Ubuntu and/or Debian systems in my house. Everything goes ok during the installation. Nevertheless, when it's time to restart the PC so as to use the newly installed system, I never cross the login barrier.
Aurelio_Araujo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Troubles during my first login

Postby newW2 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Could this be due to a keyboard layout selection issue?
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Fred on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Aurelio_Araujo,

Since this seems to be an ongoing issue, try setting a username and password without any accent marks. Just use English letters.

I know this is a stretch, but maybe there is a problem related to the language pack.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Aurelio_Araujo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Now it's solved.
I had to reinstall the system and type the password. Now I'm able to use it.
Thanks for all the attention given.
Aurelio_Araujo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions