Can I install Krita on Mint XFCE? It won't install for me.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
goodbunny

Can I install Krita on Mint XFCE? It won't install for me.

Post by goodbunny »

Hello all,

Switched from Mac to Linux in 2012. Was using Xubuntu until a few days ago - and made the switch to Mint. LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to finally watch movies on my computer etc. :D Finally, my old laptop can run more efficiently.

To the point for this question:
I've been trying to install Krita in Software Manager. It starts to install then nothing happens. It doesn't install. I realize it says Krita is part of Calligra Office Suite - and I think Calligra is for KDE (right?) - so does that mean since I use XFCE that I can't install Krita?

I would love to run Krita - because Gimp makes me crazy. (I've used photoshop for many, many years.)

Help?

I'm using a Thinkpad R51 with Pentium M - Mint 13 XFCE - 32 bit version.
(I couldn't make Cinnamon 13 or MATE 14 install properly on my system - but xfce runs like a top)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Can' I install Krita on Mint XFCE? It won't install for

Post by caf4926 »

You say you are using Software Manager? Do you mean Synaptic or the Software Centre?

I suggest using Synaptic

You can use kde apps in a non-kde system, but be aware that it may install much more than just the application you require, due to dependancies
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
goodbunny

Re: Can I install Krita on Mint XFCE? It won't install for m

Post by goodbunny »

Thanks for being so helpful - and for being so speedy.

I was using Software Manager. When I click on the main menu - it is listed under that name in the main menu and again under the System category.

I do see the Synaptic package manager under the system category of the menu. I'll try that right now and report back.

Thanks.
goodbunny

Post by goodbunny »

Hurray! Your suggestion to use synaptic worked. Krita is now installed.

Thanks so much for helping.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

goodbunny wrote:Hurray! Your suggestion to use synaptic worked. Krita is now installed.

Thanks so much for helping.
You are most welcome
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Beginner Questions”