Daryna doesnt open

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Daryna doesnt open

Postby jungar on Sat May 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Ok, this is weird. i left my laptop on standby over night, then today i opened it, worked a little, and now i want to shut it down. but when i click on Daryna, then Quit, nothing happens. nothing pops open!

guys please make sure these problems are fixed. i cant bare installing a new version if its also gonna be plagued with bugs and glitches.

many thanks,

jungar
jungar
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Daryna doesnt open

Postby zachalekos on Sat May 03, 2008 4:29 pm

try alt+F1 then select quit.
zachalekos
Level 1
Level 1

Postby jungar on Sun May 04, 2008 3:37 am

thanks .. i pulled the battery off my laptop in the end :s

weird eh.

it seems the longer i keep working on mint .. the more prone it is and the more problems i get..

for example... i left it on overnight, watching a movie and then fell asleep..

and i found out that the root account was still on .. i didnt have to put the password to get into it..

and this isnt the first time that this happened.

where are the security feautures?

why isnt there a "sign out of root account" after i finish downloading/installing" the software i need ??

weird
jungar
Level 3
Level 3

Postby newW2 on Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 pm

See this post for suggestions on reloading plugins etc.
Also if you are ever stuck like this you can perform a normal reboot by holding down teh Alt+PrtScr/SysRq and typing R-E-I-S-U-B. :)
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Acid_1 on Mon May 05, 2008 4:33 am

Or if Mint Menu doesn't work for some reason, and you'd rather hibernate than shutdown (i honestly don't know why. Save state on messed up settings? Crazy :twisted: ) you can control-alt-del to get the standard shutdown.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby jungar on Mon May 05, 2008 4:58 am

Acid_1 wrote:Or if Mint Menu doesn't work for some reason, and you'd rather hibernate than shutdown (i honestly don't know why. Save state on messed up settings? Crazy :twisted: ) you can control-alt-del to get the standard shutdown.

i tried that on the day ... didnt work

for some weird reason.. the shut down menu refused to appear ... everytime i clicked on Quit... nothing happened..

i tried ctrl-alt-del .. still nothing happened..

if it happens again.. i'll try what the guy in the above post suggested... alt+f1

but thanks anyway guys :)
jungar
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions