[SOLVED] Annoying pop-up

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aparigraha

[SOLVED] Annoying pop-up

Post by aparigraha »

I use Cinnamon, Mint 13. And I have this highly annoying warning sign pop-up, appearing all over the place. See image below.

Please, what is it and how do I get rid of it?
Google gives me nothing.

thanks
aparigraha
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Annoying pop-up

Post by Orbmiser »

Check your Firefox>Addons>Plugins

Missing anything like flash? java?,ect...?
Plugins.jpeg
Would be the first place I would look.
When does it happen? Particular sites?
aparigraha

Post by aparigraha »

Thanks for the reply, but I forgot to mention, it is not browser related.
It will appear even if I only see the Desktop, and no browser is running.

Any other ideas? Could it be network related?
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Don't know myself. But would imagine someone else is familiar with the problem and will chime in.
daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

That looks similar to the volume indicator in my cinnamon but it's not actually for the volume by the looks of it, the size shape and position's the same but I don't know what you'd call the one on your desktop. I didn't know there were any other notifiers like this for anything else, be interesting to find out what it is . . . . . sorry i can't help though !
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

Indeed it's a volume - brightness - touchpad - media... notification. Perhaps you accidentally hold a multimedia key?
aparigraha

Post by aparigraha »

Aha... sounds possible.

I'll replace the keyboard and see what happens. Reporting back later.
aparigraha

Post by aparigraha »

I didn't have a keyboard with any settings buttons, but it might have been a button combo-error. The keyboard was at least 6 years old.
Replaced it a few hours ago. No pop-ups yet, and I had hundreds before. Marking this as solved.

Thanks for your input.

Return to “Beginner Questions”