Add an application on boot? solved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
StevOz

Add an application on boot? solved

Post by StevOz »

Firstly I must thank Clem and the team for Linux Mint, it just works and fast too.

A little history, I did have Cassandra running fine with beryl and all the fruit. It did take a little messing about to get up and running, resolution issues and I had to edit my xorg.config file a few times as I recall. Anyways it was running great until I messed up somehow when I attached a new 1600x1200 monitor and tried to use the nvidia driver to reconfigure xorg, bad idea. Anyways rather then mess with that, I thought I'd just tryout the new girl in town Daryna and I'm glad I did. Not only does it boot and close quicker, she looks even better. I also never had to use the terminal at all to get everything setup, after running Envy and installing the nvidia driver it was all setup (6800GS). The new Mint tools are also very good to. :)

Now to the question at hand, I have installed Deluge and would like to have it run on startup. I have searched a fair bit but I didn't find any definitive answers on this. I gather this is possible, if so, how so? Any and all answers most appreciated, thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Add an application on boot?

Post by Husse »

You did not tell which edition but I guess the main edition
Open "Sessions" from the Control Center
Then just add a start up program
If you don't find the path to Deluge most user installed programs end up in /usr/bin
If it's not there run
which deluge or which Deluge
depending on the spelling of the program and you should find it
StevOz

Re: Add an application on boot?

Post by StevOz »

Sorry for not quoting the edition, but yes the main edition.

Alright Husse, thanks a lot, I had been there earlier, though I missed the add option and the directory structure info was invaluable, getting the hang of this now. Tried out that which command also, very handy.

Return to “Beginner Questions”