mintupdate

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

mintupdate

Postby donec on Mon May 05, 2008 2:50 pm

When I boot up my computer ask for KDE Wallet password. Because of that Mintupdate shows a broken paddle lock. I would like to be able to boot up and have Mintupdate be able to connect without having to completely open it. Any ideas?[*]
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM16 KDE
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: mintupdate

Postby MagnusB on Mon May 05, 2008 3:14 pm

If you use wireless, then it is pretty hard. I have requested a delay function in mintUpdate (I.E. 2 mins after boot, to allow the wireless to connect), but I am not sure whether it was heard, or it was rejected for now due to resources :)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Postby donec on Tue May 06, 2008 3:16 pm

MagnusB wrote:If you use wireless, then it is pretty hard. I have requested a delay function in mintUpdate (I.E. 2 mins after boot, to allow the wireless to connect), but I am not sure whether it was heard, or it was rejected for now due to resources :)

Thank you for your reply. I kind of felt that was the problem and I will just wait and see what happens thanks again.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM16 KDE
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Postby MagnusB on Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am

I see from the release notes of Elyssa that this is now implemented, if it doesn't find a connection after start up, it waits 30 seconds then try again before displaying the broken pad lock.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Newbie Questions