Troubleshooting lock screen

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Troubleshooting lock screen

Postby alf0gimail on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi, i'm using mint 13 on an old compaq nc4010, and experiencing a strange issue : when i move (just move, not closing it) the display/lid , the screen locks, and asks me the password. I disabled lock screen in system settings/ brightness&lock, no change.
Is there a log /trace file to check why the system locks when i just touch the lid?
alf0gimail
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Troubleshooting lock screen

Postby alf0gimail on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm

found a post in another forum, this one didnt help...
I used this: sudo apt-get remove gnome-screensaver , I have no screensaver now but this solved my problem.

Grazie!
alf0gimail
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Troubleshooting lock screen

Postby thegreatgazoo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Mint has a setting somewhere that tells it to do whatever the screensaver says to do for lock screen behavior. There should have been an option to not lock the computer when screensaver is active. You can probably reinstall the screensaver if you want, then just make sure to uncheck the box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1358719244368.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1358719244368.jpg (44.01 KiB) Viewed 94 times
thegreatgazoo
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions