Troubleshooting lock screen

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alf0gimail

Troubleshooting lock screen

Post by alf0gimail »

Hi, i'm using mint 13 on an old compaq nc4010, and experiencing a strange issue : when i move (just move, not closing it) the display/lid , the screen locks, and asks me the password. I disabled lock screen in system settings/ brightness&lock, no change.
Is there a log /trace file to check why the system locks when i just touch the lid?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
alf0gimail

Re: Troubleshooting lock screen

Post by alf0gimail »

found a post in another forum, this one didnt help...
I used this: sudo apt-get remove gnome-screensaver , I have no screensaver now but this solved my problem.

Grazie!
thegreatgazoo

Re: Troubleshooting lock screen

Post by thegreatgazoo »

Mint has a setting somewhere that tells it to do whatever the screensaver says to do for lock screen behavior. There should have been an option to not lock the computer when screensaver is active. You can probably reinstall the screensaver if you want, then just make sure to uncheck the box.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Return to “Beginner Questions”