[solved]How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[solved]How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord?

Postby BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 9:15 pm

(I posted then deleted this post from an incorrect section, hope it belongs here.)

I have a second hard drive in my PC that I have Mint XFCE installed on. I cannot use an application to get to those drives and open files there but I can see the files using Thunar or PCMan File Manager. Again, I can browse to those drives and see files on there and even open them by double clicking on them using a file manager, but when I try and use Banshee to open an MP3 there or AbiWord to open a document there, I cannot get any "higher" that the file system. Using an application, I don't know how to get to the drive, I just see the contents of the C drive.

Is there a setting I am not figuring out? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadFish
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord or Banshee?

Postby sundayrefugee on Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Try going to the root, and then opening the /mnt or /media folders, and opening the corresponding drives from there
sundayrefugee
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord or Banshee?

Postby BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks very much, that was it exactly. I did get a little confused at first and go into the /root folder and did not find it there, but then realized what you meant and there it was.

Thanks very much!
BadFish
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions