[solved]How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[solved]How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord?

Postby BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 9:15 pm

(I posted then deleted this post from an incorrect section, hope it belongs here.)

I have a second hard drive in my PC that I have Mint XFCE installed on. I cannot use an application to get to those drives and open files there but I can see the files using Thunar or PCMan File Manager. Again, I can browse to those drives and see files on there and even open them by double clicking on them using a file manager, but when I try and use Banshee to open an MP3 there or AbiWord to open a document there, I cannot get any "higher" that the file system. Using an application, I don't know how to get to the drive, I just see the contents of the C drive.

Is there a setting I am not figuring out? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadFish
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord or Banshee?

Postby sundayrefugee on Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Try going to the root, and then opening the /mnt or /media folders, and opening the corresponding drives from there
sundayrefugee
Level 3
Level 3

Re: How do I get to second HD in apps like AbiWord or Banshee?

Postby BadFish on Wed May 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks very much, that was it exactly. I did get a little confused at first and go into the /root folder and did not find it there, but then realized what you meant and there it was.

Thanks very much!
BadFish
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions