Login Themes

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Login Themes

Postby cbennett926 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Does anyone know where I can find login themes? I would like to have the login theme that is now on Ubuntu 12.10, but I know that uses lightDM, and I don't know where to find the code for the theme in order to convert it to MDM any :'(
cbennett926
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Login Themes

Postby bimsebasse on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:59 pm

MDM (old GDM) themes: http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmo ... ntmode=150

I haven't seen any GDM themes trying to mimic LightDM aesthetics.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Login Themes

Postby cbennett926 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 am

I'm trying to find a login screen that doesn't require you to type the username, I know you can arrow up twice and it will get it, but I would rather it automatically default to one user and you just type in the password. It's surprising that this isn't possible, especially since I only have one user....

EDIT:

Actually, I found if I used a themed login with face, and allow accessible login it allows me to click my name and seems to work very well! I would still prefer to just have to type my password, buuut I guess it'll do ;)
cbennett926
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions