SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Couple nights ago I was messing around and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon
Linux hflp 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Last edited by fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffypants
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 pm

bump

30 people and nobody knows?
fluffypants
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby zerozero on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

cinnamon settings >> applets >> is cinnamon window list ticked?

also, please share the output of
Code: Select all
inxi -S
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby furbearingmammal on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:10 pm

fluffypants wrote:bump

30 people and nobody knows?


Your post title doesn't give any information, and your problem sounds like something very unusual.

When you say nothing minimizes to the toolbar anymore... Does it do anything when you hit the minimize button?
furbearingmammal
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 am

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby TheDynamicHamza21 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

I think the problem lies in uncomplete information you provided


fluffypants wrote:Couple nights ago I was messing around


What does that mean? Chances are you did something to cause a window to be displayed or not. Without knowing what you did nobody can a solution to your problem.


and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon
Linux hflp 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux



RC? Do you mean IRC=If I Recall Correctly? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

www.domeshotsandfatlaces.com
User avatar
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 pm
Location: California

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:I think the problem lies in uncomplete information you provided


fluffypants wrote:Couple nights ago I was messing around


What does that mean? Chances are you did something to cause a window to be displayed or not. Without knowing what you did nobody can a solution to your problem.


and RC a random minimized window on my toolbar. Now nothing minimizes to my toolbar.

How can I solve this?

Mint 13 - Cinnamon
Linux hflp 3.5.0-17-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 9 19:31:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux



RC? Do you mean IRC=If I Recall Correctly? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean.



It helps nobody when you QUOTE what decide is relivent. RC means Right Click .. I'm not sure where you got the IRC from.

I explained quite clearly what I did to leave me in this situation. I right clicked a window that was already minimized selected something and now nothin minimizes to the toolbar.

I can create a video and put it on youtube if your still having problems understanding.
fluffypants
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

furbearingmammal wrote:
fluffypants wrote:bump

30 people and nobody knows?


Your post title doesn't give any information, and your problem sounds like something very unusual.

When you say nothing minimizes to the toolbar anymore... Does it do anything when you hit the minimize button?


No errors, .. nothing is flashing or having issues opening/closing. It kinda just falls into the background I can alt + tab and the window is show and I can pull it up.

Also can't remember when I upgraded to 14 .. but thats not my issue
inxi -S output

Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia
fluffypants
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby zerozero on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm

have you tried what i suggested here >> viewtopic.php?f=90&t=123363&p=676587#p676574
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Really easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby fluffypants on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

zerozero wrote:cinnamon settings >> applets >> is cinnamon window list ticked?

also, please share the output of
Code: Select all
inxi -S


solved with that

Thank you much zerozero!
fluffypants
Level 1
Level 1
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:41 am

Re: SOLVED : eally easy, .. just can't figure it out?

Postby zerozero on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:10 pm

8) glad you got it sorted
Image

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6489
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.
 

Return to Newbie Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: petrapetra and 27 guests