Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installation

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installation

Postby bharatambati on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi,

I recently bought HP Pavilion g6 laptop. It came with 4 partitions. I deleted HP_TOOLS (took a backup of it) and Recovery partitions (As I shrink the main C drive partition; recovery drive is no longer working). I installed mint 13. Installation went fine and my grub showed both windows and linux mint. But, when I am trying to login to Windows 7 OS, I am getting a blue screen of death and restarting. Can any one help me out with this. I don't want to re-install Windows.

Thanks,
Bharat
bharatambati
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installatio

Postby thegreatgazoo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm

There should have been a small 100MB partition in front of windows 7. Did you leave that one alone. Windows 7 won't boot without it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
thegreatgazoo
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Windows 7 blue screen of death after mint 13 installatio

Postby bharatambati on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes. I left that partition as it is.
bharatambati
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions