Biggest Noobs Need Help!!!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Re: Biggest Noobs Need Help!!!

Postby Mint Fresh on Tue May 13, 2008 3:14 am

Nomad thank you very much it worked!!!!!! I tried it. I put the CD pressed f 12 to boot. The I pressed start and it started loading but i got scared when on the top of my screen it said Warning: Black list prob something. I got really scared. Should i of let keep loading. I panicked and turned the pc off. also was kinda afraid i might delete windows. Just wanted to know if the message is something i should worry about. I can never thank you enought, but i can try, thanks a million.
Mint Fresh
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby belovedmonster on Tue May 13, 2008 4:46 am

If you are paranoid that running the liveCD is gunna somehow delete your entire harddrive then maybe you should do a backup before you start playing around with Linux, especially if you plan to install it and not just run it from the CD.

Though I'm guessing you wont know how to backup either? :roll:
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Nomad on Tue May 13, 2008 7:45 am

Don't worry about any warnings it gives you Mint Fresh, It won't hurt your hard drive. Remember if you don't want to delete Windows then when you get to Step Thirteen of my guide you want the option that shows a slider bar. (Should say like 51% above it) This will seperate your Hard Drive into 2 groups, one will still be Windows just as you left it, the other will be Linux Mint. Don't cancel the installation after this screen though! just press forward till it has a loading bar. Then when its done click "Restart Now" Thats all there is to it :)
Nomad
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Toxic on Tue May 13, 2008 8:46 am

Maybe you should buy a live cd or find someone to make you one. plus make sure you have a dvd drive to run it, or a dvd burner if you intend to burn it yourself. Another option is that dell I hear is offering Linux preinstalled on some of their units.
Toxic
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Toxic on Tue May 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Oops I posted before I saw that there was a second page to this thread.
Toxic
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Tue May 13, 2008 12:43 pm

This topic has been reported
The person that reported it wrote
This person has abused the helpers in this forum by posting and continuing to plead misunderstanding. This has caused a number of people to spend a considerable amount of time trying to help for a bogus problem. This was done for the entertainment of the thread starter. I have seen this kind of behavior before and it is quite objectionable. I also deters others from helping with a genuine problem for fear they are being set up to be the butt of a joke.

After a quick read of the topic I agree and topic will be locked
The topic starter will be warned
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Previous

Return to Newbie Questions