wireless reconnect problems with Katya x64

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

wireless reconnect problems with Katya x64

Postby dhdurgee on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm

I have Katya x64 installed on my laptop. When I boot the laptop I enter the password to the keyring and am then able to connect my wireless router at home. My problem comes when I travel and return.

I am suspending my laptop from the "quit" entry on the menu when I am preparing to leave the home office. When I arrive at a remote location and open my laptop I have no problem connecting to the WiFi available there. If I have been to the remote location before my prior connection is even selected. My problem occurs when I return to the office. At that point the wireless icon on the toolbar shows as disconnected, where I would expect it to restore my prior connection. I can click on the wireless icon and select the appropriate WiFi connection, but even that does not restore the connection. What does restore the connection is to logout and login the user, reenter the keyring password and select the wireless connection.

I assume there is an easier way to handle this. Ideally I would like Katya to recognize and restore the WiFi connection at home, at worst I would like a procedure to accomplish this without the need to logout/login and the need to close out and restart all work in progress on the laptop.

Dave
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions