Disable iPhone Mount?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abhibeckert

Disable iPhone Mount?

Post by abhibeckert »

How can I stop mint from auto mounting my iPhone without stopping it from auto mounting other media? I searched, but it all the results seem to be out of date (they made references to things that do not exist on my Mint 14 install).

I don't sync my phone with any computer, and rarely need to transfer files. I only plug in to charge, and need to be able to unplug without safely unmounting it (to recieve calls, etc).

One time, I came back to my PC after leaving it plugged in for hours, and there were tons of error messages queued up. I had to spend a few minutes clicking "ok".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lawrencemaria

Re: Disable iPhone Mount?

Post by lawrencemaria »

Upgrade to Linux Mint 16 -Petra! It will not mount!
Infact I have been tearing my hair out to get the blessed iphone/ipod/ipad devices to mount as usb devices.
No solution yet. The system detects the connected device but only as an external camera!

Return to “Beginner Questions”