Video - RC 14

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Video - RC 14

Postby deesy58 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I recently purchased an issue of "Linux User & Developer" magazine, and it included a DVD with four Linux distros. I installed Linux Mint RC 14 on my older Pentium 4, but it is not useable due to the extremely poor video quality that makes the labels and menus unreadable. Is this a hardware incompatibility, or is there a setting I can change to make it readable? I don't recall offhand what kind of video card is installed, but it is certainly at least ten years old.

I have successfully installed and run other Linux distros on this machine, including Linux Mint 12, Ubuntu, Suse Professional and Open Suse, Knoppix, Debian and Fedora 17, among others.

I am using my Windows machine to post this question. I use a KVM switch to share my monitor and keyboard between the two machines, and have a separate mouse for the Linux box.

deesy
deesy58
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions