Unable to update or install software

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Unable to update or install software

Postby snurav on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 pm

I am new to Linux OS, 4 weeks ago i installed Linux Mint 14, it was working fine and updating, but suddenly i started getting error messages in update manager like "Unable to connect 165.21.42.84:8080"

then I followed some topics in this forum, i also tried changing the server in software sources, when i tried to get the best server, i got this error "no suitable download server found" ....

I m struck, please help me out.
snurav
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Unable to update or install software

Postby meteorrock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:26 am

Lets try to update your headers and see if that works. Use the:

Code: Select all
 sudo apt-get update

Then try my guide over here to see if it will help you. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=122705

You can also go into the settings of linux mint in the synapic package manager and try to find a better and closer location for your headers through the menu of your GUI for linux mint.
meteorrock
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions