Problems with Firefox in Mint 13 & 14 MATE

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Problems with Firefox in Mint 13 & 14 MATE

Postby Doruletz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I use tabs in Firefox all the time, I always have at least 2-3 different tabs opened at any given time while browsing, it's just the way I like doing thins...

In Mint 9-10-11 all was working as intended, but ever since i tried Mint 13 MATE and Mint 14 MATE I keep having this problem:

Whenever I'm done surfing the web, and want to close/exit Firefox I always get this message:

"Do you want Firefox to save your tabs for the next time it starts?"
Of course I don't want Firefox to save and re-open my tabs at the next browsing session, so...
ALTHOUGH I DO NOT select the "Save and Quit" option, and Ijust select the
"Do not ask next time"
option before I click on "Quit", to make it so next time when I have multiple tabs opened Firefox will just close and exit without asking me the same stupid question again...
The exact same thing happens over and over again every time I use Firefox again.
WEIRD!!! And very frustrating...

Anybody knows what's causing this, and how to make it stop???

P.S. - Google Chrome works just fine, I just don't really like using the damn thing, I love Firefox a whole lot more...

Thanks.
Doruletz
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Problems with Firefox in Mint 13 & 14 MATE

Postby xenopeek on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 pm

This should fix it: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=112076#p626497

Also weird and very frustrating is when text is made hard to read by using different font sizes :wink:
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions