pdfedit not in repositories SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ramblinbob

pdfedit not in repositories SOLVED

Post by ramblinbob »

Where can i find an easy to install version of pdfedit? I have tried the source from the authors website and sourceforge but I don't know "c" and when I try the make command it returns:
Makefile:8: Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.rules'. Stop.

Is there anyway to get pdfedit back in synaptic? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: pdfedit not in repositories

Post by kyphi »

pdfedit is in synaptic (sudo apt-get install pdfedit). You can also install it via the Software Manager.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

unless ramblinbob is using lmde

Code: Select all

zerozero@deb-kde ~ $ apt policy pdfedit
pdfedit:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:
please post the output of

inxi -S
ramblinbob

Post by ramblinbob »

[quote="zerozero"]unless ramblinbob is using lmde

zerozero@deb-kde ~ $ apt policy pdfedit
pdfedit:
  Version table:
please post the output of

inxi -S
[/q

Thanks for your reply, here is the info you requested:

ramblinbob@linuxmint ~ $ apt policy pdfedit
pdfedit:
Version table:
ramblinbob@linuxmint ~ $ inxi -S
System: Host: linuxmint Kernel: 3.5.0-17-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 14 Nadia

I must be missing something because I cannot find pdfedit via the search bar in menu and a synaptic search yields nothing to indicate the program is installed or available to install. Likewise with the program manager. If the program is installed, how do I find it and how do I run it?
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Don't tear your hair out or think that you have a corrupted install. Pdfedit is not in the repositories for Ubuntu 12.10 and therefore Mint14.

I have not tried this myself but ... http://askubuntu.com/questions/216396/h ... untu-12-10
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
ramblinbob

Re: pdfedit not in repositories SOLVED

Post by ramblinbob »

Thanks Altair4. I followed the link you referenced and I now have pdfedit installed and working. I will start a list of boards to search in the future so I might be better able to find answers. You Rock.

Return to “Beginner Questions”