Stuck in infinite reboot on fresh install

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nfenton

Stuck in infinite reboot on fresh install

Post by nfenton »

I just installed Linux Mint to my desktop machine, I have two ssd drives, one contains Win8 (sda), the other Mint (sdb)...

I installed via liveusb, then restarted to boot for the first time, grub asked me what o/s I want to run, select Linux mint, it logged me in automatically, I launched FF, grabbed FF window to move it, then it crashed. Restarts, logs in automatically after 10s, crashes... login... crash... login... crash... etc.

I did a hard reboot and it logins in fine again... open FF, move the window, and crash... Login, crash, login, crash...

I'm completely new to Mint so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bigj231

Re: Stuck in infinite reboot on fresh install

Post by bigj231 »

Install again maybe. That should be easiest.
nfenton

Re: Stuck in infinite reboot on fresh install

Post by nfenton »

I have used Mint on this machine before, but using a different configuration. I installed it to a 128gb partition on my secondary disk drive.

It worked fine.

This time I installed bootloader to sba and created an 8gb swap partition as per a recommendation on another post...
The machine is a i5 3770, 16gb ram, nvidia 670 gtx, 180gb ssd + 128 gb ssd + 1tb storage

Would the 8gb swap mess it up?

Return to “Beginner Questions”