[Solved] How to adjust brightness of the screen Acer 3820TG?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phidias81

[Solved] How to adjust brightness of the screen Acer 3820TG?

Post by phidias81 »

Function key+ arrows is not working (mint 14 mate on acer 3820tg, the brightness bar is actually moving back and forth, but it's not changing the brightness), so I tried to make a search and I tried the following without success:

Installing Xbacklight and
xbacklight -inc 40

changing from power management

sudo setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.b=99

None of them is working for me. What should I do?!?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
robw

Re: How to adjust brightness of the screen?

Post by robw »

Not sure about MATE but looking in System Settings (or similar) I seen to recall something about Power Management. Just wondered if an auto dimming box might be ticked which is interfering with your ability to adjust? Sorry its vague, I don't use MATE!
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

I tried to deselect "dim when idle" but with no effect
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

Any help?
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

3 more solutions didn't work.
I tried the brightness widget on the bar, andI tried also these solution without success
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st11158182

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/56 ... ost7260501
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

I got it to work! After the last fix it's working but only bith the function keys, not from the terminal! That's good enough!

Return to “Beginner Questions”