can't configure docky

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oscar279

can't configure docky

Post by oscar279 »

hey guy i installed docky from the terminal.
I used this dock before on xubuntu and didnt have problems, now when i install this dock i cant configure it. The options appeared to be disable , so i can modify the dock (3d look, hide when there is an open windows)

i just wanted to know if i did well or i just have to intall the ppa of the developer??

what do u suggest ???
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: can't configure docky

Post by jungle_boy »

I suggest you cairo-dock.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
excollier
Level 4
Level 4

Post by excollier »

+1
Registered Linux user #557695
MX Linux user these days - I introduce newbies via Mint
oscar279

Post by oscar279 »

i tried it too, i installed it and it wasnt working well either

almost the same problem, when the cairo-dock appeared with all the icons i tried to eliminate one of them and the icon kept sticked to the screen , and there was a black rectangle that doesn't erase from the wallpaper so i uninstalled it

do u think that mint xfce doesnt have compatibility with this docks???

i was thinking on plank , but it is based on docky so maybe it would bring some problems too. Installing and configuring docky on xubuntu was so easy , i dont know what is this happening on linux mint 13 xfce, this distro is awesome but its very weird this docks issue.

Everything works well , got compiz effects , qjoypad , synapse ,caffeine, netflix, wine , pcsx, all this apps have no problems. I really like this distro but maybe i just use synapse to execute apps or the icons on the desktop to keeping it simple.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Post by jungle_boy »

I am using cairo-dock with xfce14 in my netbook (see my signature); it works perfectly...

Remember that it is necessary a video graphic card working to run cairo-dock with openGl.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

jungle_boy wrote: Remember that it is necessary a video graphic card working to run cairo-dock with openGl.
There's the answer

Return to “Beginner Questions”