Key board short cut to launch terminal

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
suhasshrinivasan

Key board short cut to launch terminal

Post by suhasshrinivasan »

Hey guys, I'm a complete beginner to Linux. I want to know what is the key board short cut to open the terminal. I tried ctrl+t as well as ctrl+alt+t. Didn't work. Please help.
Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bjornmu
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Key board short cut to launch terminal

Post by bjornmu »

I don't think there is one. In Mate, you can easily add a launcher to the panel. Don't know about other desktops but I presume they can too.
flyboy1565

Post by flyboy1565 »

Using mint 14 cinnamon crt alt t should do it. Check your keyboard shortcuts by going to cinnamon settings keyboards.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
TrapperB
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TrapperB »

Yes, <Ctrl><Alt>T does launch the Terminal. In fact, I just posted yesterday asking how to get rid of that shortcut. :-)

http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=126942

It was odd, though. You can check the shortcuts in "Cinnamon Settings - Keyboard, Keyboard shortcuts" and there is a "Custom Shortcut" to launch the terminal. However, in my experience, that shortcut didn't do anything. I changed it, tried to delete it, but <Ctrl><Alt>T continued to launch the Terminal. In the end, it was a gnome3 setting editable via dconf-editor that controlled it.

Cheers!

Return to “Beginner Questions”