Broken Icons in cinnamon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nicklebrick

Broken Icons in cinnamon

Post by Nicklebrick »

Hey everybody, i have been using Linux Mint for over a month now and love it better than any other distro i have tried and want to stick with it for a long time to come, the only issue i have is a problem with the icons in the menu, they are all messed up!

I can however change the Icon theme setting and it will fist *most* of the problem, but even at that whenever i restart or even just boot into Mint they become broken again, is there a more permanent fix for this or something that i did wrong?

thanks for any replies
(and i am using Mint 14 Cinnamon)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Broken Icons in cinnamon

Post by Orbmiser »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=87608

Usually like mentioned in other threads. Doing a Cinnamon restart (Alt +f2 and type r in window) will reststart cinnamon.
Works for some. I constantly having broken icons on cold boot or logging in needing restart to fix.

Don't know if a Cinnamon issue? or Theme issue? or a mixture of both. But is real annoying.
And none in the least half a dozen threads asking for an explanation no one has chimed in to specify what the actual problem is.
Nicklebrick

Re: Broken Icons in cinnamon

Post by Nicklebrick »

Thank you for actually responding!

i will try what i can to fix it but i know its comming somewhere from cinnamon, but i dont know enough about linux (yet) to fix the problem long-term

thanks again!

Return to “Beginner Questions”