Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card on a Dell Latitude e6500

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card on a Dell Latitude e6500

Postby Vontux on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Hello, after a long stretch of only using Windows 7 on my laptop and leaving leaving my linux partition (Ubuntu 9.10) unused, I finally decided to upgrade to Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon (32 bit), and see if I could get along without Windows. Much to my chagrin, I discovered that my wireless card no longer works as it did with Ubuntu 9.10. I did find this forum post: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=122055 which seemed to offer the answer as after running
Code: Select all
lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
I found that while I didn't have the same laptop as the person with the problem I did have the same wireless card, unfortunately even after following all of the instructions given in the thread, my wireless card simply does not work. Any suggestions? I don't know if this matters since the other thread I'm linking to was very recent but my kernel version is 3.5.0-17-generic.
Vontux
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card on a Dell Latitude e65

Postby Vontux on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 pm

I found a solution that worked on the Ubuntu section of Launchpad.net:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-nettool/+question/212504
Vontux
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions