Update Manager Major Error

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Update Manager Major Error

Postby cavedweller88 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Hello everyone...I am new to linux mint...hell i'm new to linux after trying out ubuntu I decided that I liked Mint much better.

I am now using Mint 14 *Nadia* and have run into an error with my Update Manager. When I launched I get a message like this....

ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR
W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmcenery/ppa/u ... ce/Sources 404 Not Found
, W:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmcenery/ppa/u ... 6/Packages 404 Not Found
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Also in my menu bar the Shield Icon has a red X through it and say that "Could not refresh the list of packages" I'm pretty sure that these two things are connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Cavedweller
cavedweller88
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Update Manager Major Error

Postby karlchen on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello, cavedweller.

The PPA pmcenery simply does not offer anything for Ubuntu Quantal (Ubuntu 12.10) which corresponds to Mint 14 "Nadia".
Remove the PPA from your sources.list file.
Problem solved.

Karl
Enlightened by Lucid Lynx, enchanted by Maya, impressed by Petra.
karlchen
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Update Manager Major Error

Postby cavedweller88 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

And where would I find that?...

Thank you very much
cavedweller88
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions