Accessing drive contents in which Linux is installed

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Accessing drive contents in which Linux is installed

Postby rameshiit19 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:15 am

I have installed Linux Mint 14(nadia) inside my Windows 7 - C:\ . I am unable to access the contents of my C:\ drive from Mint. How can I access it ?

Thanks
rameshiit19
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Accessing drive contents in which Linux is installed

Postby karlchen on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 am

Hello, rameshiit19,

I assume this means you have performed a Mint4win installation. The disk partition where Mint has been installed is accessible by navigating to the folder /host. In your case you will find the complete content of what Windows calls drive C: mounted inside the folder /host.
Be careful not to modify any folder or file which is relevant to Windows from inside Linux Mint.

Kind regards,
Karl
karlchen
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Accessing drive contents in which Linux is installed

Postby rameshiit19 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:10 am

karlchen wrote:Hello, rameshiit19,

I assume this means you have performed a Mint4win installation. The disk partition where Mint has been installed is accessible by navigating to the folder /host. In your case you will find the complete content of what Windows calls drive C: mounted inside the folder /host.
Be careful not to modify any folder or file which is relevant to Windows from inside Linux Mint.

Kind regards,
Karl

Thanks a lot karlchen !
rameshiit19
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions