SERIOUS NEWB font size issues.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ralakk

SERIOUS NEWB font size issues.

Post by Ralakk »

OK so to say I'm new to linux in general is an understatement so I'm going to assume all my questions belong here.

I just built a new computer and installed mint 14 kde for my os. mostly everything was working find then it wanted to install some kind of updates. I insalled the updates and now I can't go into the system settings and change the font sizes for my applications. I'm running it on a hi def 42" tv which makes font size 9 at 1080p unreadable its so small. When I go into the system settings and get to the area where it shows the different fonts (ie desktop font, titlebar font etc. ) and click one of the buttons to change it, it exits out of the settings back to the desktop.

I am assuming that since its not working through that I should prolly change everything through the terminal? I don't know the commands for it though, but if that's what's recommended I do some searching and figure out it. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if they figured out a fix.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
FireSoul
Level 3
Level 3

Re: SERIOUS NEWB font size issues.

Post by FireSoul »

[quote="Ralakk"]OK so to say I'm new to linux in general is an understatement so I'm going to assume all my questions belong here.

I just built a new computer and installed mint 14 kde for my os. mostly everything was working find then it wanted to install some kind of updates. I insalled the updates and now I can't go into the system settings and change the font sizes for my applications. I'm running it on a hi def 42" tv which makes font size 9 at 1080p unreadable its so small. When I go into the system settings and get to the area where it shows the different fonts (ie desktop font, titlebar font etc. ) and click one of the buttons to change it, it exits out of the settings back to the desktop.

Hello.
Go to MENU --->SYSTEM SETTINGS ---> APPLICATION APPEARANGE ---> FONTS
There choose what you want and apply.
Front size on Gtk Configuration choose size and apply.
I just looked this from live DVD,i'm using Cinnamon.

I hope this help.
Ralakk

Re: SERIOUS NEWB font size issues.

Post by Ralakk »

thats what i am talking about in the appearance section it shows the different font classes like general and active window etc. I click the change button and it supposed to come up with a panel allowing me to change the font type, size, and style, however, instead of doing this it closes out of system properties completely back to the desktop.

Return to “Beginner Questions”