SOLVED:Keyboard locked out with screensaver

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

SOLVED:Keyboard locked out with screensaver

Postby gwing on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi I'm new to Mint and am running Mint 14 Cinnamon, 64 bit with AMD proprietary drivers.

A bugging fault I get is that whenever the screensaver kicks in and locks the screen the (PS2) keyboard becomes disabled so it is impossible to type in my password and unlock the screen. The USB mouse still functions giving a workaround which is to click on the option to change user, at which point the keyboard magically becomes re-enabled so I can choose my own userid again and input the password for login - but this is hardly convenient.

Is this a known problem (hopefully with a solution)?

Rgds,
Rob.

Fixed by adding the X-edgers PPA to software sources and updating. This effectively means you run the experimental fglrx driver and fixes the issue - you do get an 'AMD testing use only' shadow graphic in the screen corner to put up with though.
gwing
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions