[solved] transpart windows possible in MATE?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[solved] transpart windows possible in MATE?

Postby heyitsjeff on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm running Linux 14 MATE and can't find any info in making the windows or title bars or windows transparent or translucent. Is it possible in MATE or is it just a Cinammon thing?

If I can do it, how?

TIA
Last edited by heyitsjeff on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: transpart windows possible in MATE?

Postby james0658 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 am

Found this link for you hopefully it helps. viewtopic.php?f=110&t=81715
james0658
Level 1
Level 1

Postby heyitsjeff on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks

Seems it didn't work out. I couldn't get compiz even with compizconfig editor. It's for Mint 9 and I guess it's not compatible with Mate.

Thanks, though. Appreciate the effort.
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Postby heyitsjeff on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Well, after some extensive searching, I can't see how it can't be done. The PDF link was basic stuff covered in the manual one can get when they first download the OS. Not too helpful. To be honest, it had nothing at all to do with desktop settings. Thanks for the effort, though.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions