To be or not to be...[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mayagrafix

To be or not to be...[SOLVED]

Post by Mayagrafix »

Is adding the Cinnamon desktop to an existing Ubuntu pc possible? and is this the same as doing a full blown Mint install?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: To be or not to be...

Post by DrHu »

Obviously it won't be the same as a full Mint install (Linux Mint OS): Ubuntu will have different startup services/programs and menu options than Mint..

Intsall linux Mint Cinnamon onto Ubuntu..internet search
http://www.linuxstall.com/how-to-instal ... on-ubuntu/
Mayagrafix

Post by Mayagrafix »

Thanks for the info. But let me get this straight: my understanding is that Linux Mint is built on top of Ubuntu, which is a good thing, from what I understand. Me thinks its like having a car that u can change the body but still use the same engine and chasis. Is this to simplified of a concept?
Macmeister

Post by Macmeister »

Mayagrafix wrote:Thanks for the info. But let me get this straight: my understanding is that Linux Mint is built on top of Ubuntu, which is a good thing, from what I understand. Me thinks its like having a car that u can change the body but still use the same engine and chasis. Is this to simplified of a concept?
Mint wasn't "built on top" of Ubuntu as much as it's a modification of it. (it's not a simple overlay, like a theme, that can be added or removed)

Return to “Beginner Questions”