Maya won't boot; using hard drive tray

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Maya won't boot; using hard drive tray

Postby mac29 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Guys, my Maya was working fine last week, popped in the hard drive in my tray and no go so I'm using Maya off the install disc. Maya is the only thing on that new 500 GB drive, nothing else on it, not even data.

So I searched the forum to see if I could install Nadia over Maya on the hard drive. Obviously I'd have to download it on one of my windows drives and burn it or use usb. But wiser users state no need to update every time a new version comes out, so I'll stick with Maya for now.

But what would mess up booting? My bios sees the drive and passes POST. Nothing changed since last week. I haven't even saved anything on that drive. Just the Maya install. Tonight I created some text files for the first time and quickly emailed them to myself. So the drive is fine. Weird.

Also, could someone kindly tell me why I can't seem to join Chat? This is all I can get:
Perl interface loaded
Python interface loaded
Tcl plugin for XChat - Version 1.64
Copyright 2002-2005 Daniel P. Stasinski
http://www.scriptkitties.com/tclplugin/
Tcl interface loaded
* Looking up irc.spotchat.org
* Connecting to irc.spotchat.org (109.234.106.53) port 6667...
* Connected. Now logging in...
* *** Looking up your hostname...

Another chat said to enter /join linuxmint chat or /join linuxmint help but the above lines don't change.

Thank you.
mac29
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions