Boostlibs installation

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Boostlibs installation

Postby ben_ben on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 am

Hi there community,

I recently installed Linux Mint and now I'm stuck at the installation of a program which requires the boost libs.

Every time I run "./configure" for the new program it says:

"checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.20 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation."

Although I did

-download boost libs
-run the bootstrap.sh
-run the b2 command
-set an environment variable using "export BOOST_ROOT=/lib/boost_lib/lib" where boost_lib is the directory which was created in the "boost_1_53_0" folder after running the b2 command and which I then did copy to the /lib/ folder. I also tried several variations of the path. But none made the "./configure" command successful.

I would appreciate any hints and help. Please keep any answer simple. I'm pretty new to linux.

Regards

Ben
ben_ben
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions