Wine and games.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kachilda
Level 2
Level 2

Wine and games.

Post by kachilda »

I have a couple of windows games Age of empires 12&3 and Command and Conquer the first decade and I was wanting to know if they are supported in wine and if so what version of wine should I download and how do I need to set it up.
If wine does not support these games then does Cedega offer a free trial. Thanks for answering my questions. I'm sure there old hat and annoying to many of you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine and games.

Post by MagnusB »

http://appdb.winehq.org/
Use that to check compatibility.. Sadly, Gold standard there is somewhat personal, so even if an application is rated gold, doesn't mean it work flawlessly...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
kachilda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kachilda »

I just checked the wine web sight for a list of games it supports and it doesn't look like mine are currently supported; so it looks like ill be keeping my windows os around a little longer. Thanks anyway. :?
piratesmack

Post by piratesmack »

kachilda wrote:I just checked the wine web sight for a list of games it supports and it doesn't look like mine are currently supported; so it looks like ill be keeping my windows os around a little longer. Thanks anyway. :?
From looking, Age of Empires 1 and 2 got all Gold and Silver ratings, Age of Empires 3 got a few garbage ratings but some people got it running OK, and command and conquer got all silver and gold.

I don't know if Cedega offers a free trial, but cxgames does:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxg ... oad_trial/

But yeah, if you're a gamer, it's a good idea to dual-boot with Windows.
kachilda
Level 2
Level 2

Post by kachilda »

CX doesn't seem to like my computer. since they want money for there product I will ask them for support at a later time. Thanks for the link. 8)

Return to “Beginner Questions”