networking services not compatible?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ebenedict

networking services not compatible?

Post by ebenedict »

Hey,

I have installed Linux Mint Cinnamon on a Dell Latitude D830. I'm not sure what happened but the networking all of a sudden stopped working. I open up Networking from the Linux Mint menu and it gives me an error: "The system network services are not compatibile with this version" and none of the interfaces come up.

I'm able to start networking manually from terminal but the network manager never comes up. I'm also not sure how to turn wireless back on because that doesn't work now either :\

Everything is current and up to date. Any ideas?

If you need more info let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: networking services not compatible?

Post by DrHu »

Possible internet issue ?
--what you intend to connect into, for example a windows server/domain, remote client connection and so on..
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=696278
ebenedict

Re: networking services not compatible?

Post by ebenedict »

It doesn't bring the interfaces up at all. When I run 'ifconfig' in a terminal it just shows the loopback interface. I have to manually being the interface up with "ifconfig eth0 up" to get it to even show up at all.

Return to “Beginner Questions”