[SOLVED] Clear useless applications

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[SOLVED] Clear useless applications

Postby P1xel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 pm

So, I found out Linux is a good way to run emulators. I went to the software manager (linux mint 14 KDE) and installed vice, to find it was an old version apparently. So I uninstalled it. Just to find when I type in search 'commodore' i still get 6 options!! When I click on one, NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS.
That's okay, because I deleted them, but how can I get rid of them? I already tried the autoremove function of apt-get.

This is not really urgent, but would just be nice if someone would help me :mrgreen:
Last edited by P1xel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
P1xel
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Clear useless applications

Postby bigj231 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Get rid of them from the menu? I don't know if there's a better way, but I usually just delete them using the "edit Menu" menu. Right-click on the menu button.
Running on a 4-slot toaster @ 60Hz
bigj231
Level 5
Level 5

Postby P1xel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 pm

How about the ones that don't fall into any category????? This is KDE, so it can't show all applications in one big group to my knowledge
Anyway a reboot fixed the icons :D however it's good to know how to delete useless entries, thanks!
P1xel
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bigj231 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 am

*facepalm* That's what I get for not reading again. It's Edit Applications in KDE.
And I do wish the default KDE menu behaved more like Cinnamon's. But when I was on Cinnamon, I wished the menu behaved like KDE's. Can't win them all.
Running on a 4-slot toaster @ 60Hz
bigj231
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions