[SOLVED] Clear useless applications

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED] Clear useless applications

Postby P1xel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 pm

So, I found out Linux is a good way to run emulators. I went to the software manager (linux mint 14 KDE) and installed vice, to find it was an old version apparently. So I uninstalled it. Just to find when I type in search 'commodore' i still get 6 options!! When I click on one, NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS.
That's okay, because I deleted them, but how can I get rid of them? I already tried the autoremove function of apt-get.

This is not really urgent, but would just be nice if someone would help me :mrgreen:
Last edited by P1xel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
P1xel
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Clear useless applications

Postby bigj231 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm

Get rid of them from the menu? I don't know if there's a better way, but I usually just delete them using the "edit Menu" menu. Right-click on the menu button.
Running on a 4-slot toaster @ 60Hz
bigj231
Level 5
Level 5

Postby P1xel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 pm

How about the ones that don't fall into any category????? This is KDE, so it can't show all applications in one big group to my knowledge
Anyway a reboot fixed the icons :D however it's good to know how to delete useless entries, thanks!
P1xel
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bigj231 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 am

*facepalm* That's what I get for not reading again. It's Edit Applications in KDE.
And I do wish the default KDE menu behaved more like Cinnamon's. But when I was on Cinnamon, I wished the menu behaved like KDE's. Can't win them all.
Running on a 4-slot toaster @ 60Hz
bigj231
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions