How one runs programs on specific monitor? (MATE)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

How one runs programs on specific monitor? (MATE)

Postby georg.schramm on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:41 am

Hello,

some of the programs that I'm using are running in fullscreen mode or in window mode, and don't allow me to leave the opgengl canvas with my cursor. That means, that I'm not able to move the window, beacause I can't grab the top bar of the program. In one game, that I have installed I can select, which DVI output sould be used for the game. Some programs span the full screen over my two monitors and center it. The half application is on the left and the other on the right screen. Is there any possibility to define the default screen, e.g. with a parameter at the launcher?

Additionally I like to know, if there is any way how I can swich the program, if it doesn't allow me to leave it with the mouse cursor. Alt+Tab doen't work for switching, Alt+F4 not for closing.

Kind regards
Georg
georg.schramm
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How one runs programs on specific monitor?

Postby xenopeek on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 am

Which desktop environment?
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Re: How one runs programs on specific monitor?

Postby georg.schramm on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 am

It's Mint 14 with Mate Desktop.
georg.schramm
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions