Pure Mint XFCE?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Pure Mint XFCE?

Postby joemartin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I have gnome.desktop and ubuntu.desktop showing up in sessions menu on login. XFCE is my main DE and the only one I use.

Is there a way I can have a Pure Mint XFCE and delete all other leftovers from past environments? A Psychocats "Pure XFCE" command for Mint maybe?

Thanks.
joemartin
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Pure Mint XFCE?

Postby kc1di on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 am

the only way I know of would be to do a new install the mint xfce edition. and overwriting the others. trying to remove the others will remove many packages from the system that share xfce. Good luck maybe someone else has done it and will help.
John 3:16
Morse code an Early
Digital Mode
Registered Linux User #462608
kc1di
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Pure Mint XFCE?

Postby aubreyxtivey on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 am

kc1di wrote:the only way I know of would be to do a new install the mint xfce edition. and overwriting the others. trying to remove the others will remove many packages from the system that share xfce. Good luck maybe someone else has done it and will help.

I think this is also the only way. If you can't let go of everything then better stick with it for the mean time. :)
Each person's life is lived as a series of conversations. choosehottubsdirect.com
aubreyxtivey
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions