[solved]flash install issues in linuxmint 14

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

[solved]flash install issues in linuxmint 14

Postby heyitsjeff on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:19 pm

ok,

I'm having some trouble using apturl, specifically downloading flash (daughter likes flash games). I tried using apturl and I got an error saying "nadia-partner is not known".

I downloaded the tar.gz and when I extracted it, I have a usr folder and a libflashplayer.so file. I tried looking up how to work with an .so file and got nowhere.

I realize this is probably a slap on the forehead "oh, yeah." thing but right now I'm a bit lost.

Thoughts/advice?
Last edited by heyitsjeff on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: flash install issues in linuxmint 14

Postby cecar on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Try in terminal.
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

It might want to remove mint-meta-codecs but it is safe to let it do that.
cecar
Level 4
Level 4

Re: flash install issues in linuxmint 14

Postby heyitsjeff on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:27 pm

worked beautifully. Thank you!
Ancient Toshiba laptop: Zorin Lite OS, Samsung R80 laptop: Mint 14 Cinnamon, dell HTPC Win7/ Mint 14 dual boot, ancienct Compaq desktop: TBD, 5 old Acer laptop: Mint LDXE. Currently reading: Linux for Dummies.
heyitsjeff
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions